Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Reformation Society Meeting tonight!

We are getting together for an initial meeting tonight to pray and discuss where (or if) we see this effort going. I would expect we will have half a dozen men or so for sure, and possible quite a few more.

I am looking forward to this time of fellowship. The men that I know are coming come from disparate backgrounds and with wide ranging views of the church, but from what I have seen we all share a common concern over the state of the local assembly as it pertains to Biblical knowledge and the need for solid, Bible based teaching. To my way of thinking, this is an ideal setting for this sort of teaching, where Christians gather to discuss the Word, debate and share ideas and as importantly spend time in fellowship with one another. The session I attended at the Northeast Michigan Reformation Society up north was good teaching but the lunch fellowship afterward was even better. We need more and better teaching and we need more and more genuine fellowship. What better way to accomplish that than by getting the Body together under the authority of the Word?

Look for a recap later tonight or tomorrow. I am sure you can't wait!

No comments: