Monday, May 02, 2011

One more on OBL

Founders Ministries Blog: My thoughts on the death of Osama Bin Laden

Excellent thoughts from Tom Ascol here, a post that I anticipate will be attacked by many of the expected parties. I think he really captures it here:


That's why some of the euphoric displays of joy on the part of Christians--even Christian leaders--at the news of Bin Laden's death leave me cold. Their celebrations strike me as more American than Christian--which is precisely the problem with much Christianity in America in our day.

Bingo. Where is our first love? Is it seeing the lost coming to Christ or is it in exacting vengeance on the enemies of America?

OK, last post about this (at least until someone else posts something interesting. Dr. Black, waiting to hear what you have to say....)

2 comments:

John Mureiko said...

Did you see Al Mohler's response yet? It's worth reading.

Arthur Sido said...

I haven't yet, but I will. He also addressed it on his podcast which I downloaded but haven't listened to yet.