Sunday, January 24, 2010

Why is the truth of the divinity of Christ so important?

So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven. (Mat 10:32-33)

Anyone who denies Christ, in all of His revealed divinity, is denying Him before men. No matter how many good works you do in His name or how pious your life is, if you do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as God in the flesh before men, He will not acknowledge at the judgment. When we brush over this truth in the quest to win political victories we do a great injustice to the eternal souls of the lost. "Who do you say that I am" is not a question that allows for multiple correct answers. Acknowledge Him before men and He will acknowledge you before the Father. What a wonderful promise that is! Better that your one witness before the throne be Jesus Christ than a thousand men!


Bookmark and Share

No comments: