Tuesday, January 05, 2010

What does this guy have against Armenians?

I don't know any Armenians but I am sure many of them are nice people.

I subscribed some time ago to a mailing list for churches and pastors who are Reformed Baptists to help seek one another out. The vast majority of the emails are from pastors who want to leave their present church to find a properly Reformed church. Maybe 1 in 20 is from a church looking for a pastor. Seems there are a lot more Reformed Baptist pastors than there are Reformed Baptist churches. I never unsubscribed out of sheer laziness and I occasionally read the postings. One today caught my eye. This is an exact quote, the names have been left out to protect the foolish.

My name XXX XXXX. I am currently the Pastor at a Southern Baptist
Church in XXXXX; In this particular church, I have been teaching
them the Reformed doctrines, and God has blessed them abundantly, however
those that have rejected the true doctrines of the faith, have gone the way
of Cain, back to churches in the area which support Armenianism . The
church is dwindling down where there may be a decision on our part to leave,
and help support a church that already embraces Reformed doctrine.

The way of Cain? I have heard (and said) some over the top things about Armenians, er Arminians, but that seems a bit extreme. I also find it completely believable that the church he "pastors" is "dwindling down". Some other lucky church can call this guy as their pastor and join his quest to rid the church of Armenians!

(He calls Arminianism "Armenianism" more than once in the email)


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats messed up!

Steve Scott said...

My brother-in-law is Armenian. So are the Kardashians.