Friday, January 29, 2010

How should Christians view Muslims?

Contend Earnestly: My Personal Challenge to You: It Could Change Your Life

Seth McBee asks this question in a series of posts. I found the most recent one especially interesting. Even if we view Islam as the enemy, aren't we to love our enemies? Aren't we to respond to evil with good? Shouldn't we bless those who persecute us? Isn't that precisley what God has done for us on the cross?

Seth also asks a question I have been pondering as well:

Have we not heard in this country over and over to love our neighbors (friends) and hate those who are our enemies? Haven't we been sold on this idea that we should take people to court, defend ourselves, kill or be killed, etc.?

I think this questions gets to the heart of what I have been saying regarding the sword. We seem to be a people who believe in Jesus but not what He said.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: