Saturday, March 24, 2012

Half of my life

In December I turned 40

In February my wife and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.

As of this morning, if I did my calculations correctly, I will have passed the point where I have been married to her for more than half of my lifetime. That wouldn't seem like a terribly big deal a few years ago but today it seems almost unthinkable that someone who is forty has been wed to the same person for more than half of their life. Many people I know don't get married until their late twenties or early thirties. I am glad that we got married when we did and sort of grew up together through adulthood, raising children, maturing (more or less!) into adults and looking back I cannot imagine what life would have been like for me if I hadn't had her along the way, not just during our married life but even earlier when we were dating before I even had my drivers license!

I am in unending gratitude that God placed just the right helpmeet in my life and am looking forward to living out the rest of our days together.

1 comment:

Bethany W. said...

Blessings to you both as you continue to grow and mature together (more or less).

Smiles,
Bethany