Wednesday, April 22, 2015

So it has come to this

Although I hated, loathed and was emotionally scarred by the first two installments of Peter Jackson's shameless money making scheme by making one small kids book into three CGI nightmares adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's classic novel The Hobbit, I find myself compelled tonight to watch the third and final installment ("the defining chapter", a title in and of itself ironic because the actual battle takes place over the course of a couple of pages in the book, not even an entire chapter). I figure I have come this far, I might as well finish it out.

I anticipate hating this movie as well so anything less than that will be a cinematic triumph for Mr Jackson. Angry denunciation of Mr. Jackson and company will be forthcoming once I finish the movie.

1 comment:

Eric said...

The second of the three movies was the best. Be warned.