Saturday, April 24, 2010

Best of the week entry 4

A Pilgrim's Progress: What I Don't Like About "Why We Love the Church"

In what is becoming a pattern, Eric Carpenter has a late entry but a good one. Eric reviews DeYoung and Kluck's Why We Love The Church and does a very fair and Biblical job of it. This is a vital book to read and understand because, to paraphrase Eric, it is widely recommended in the broader church and it is also a pretty poor defense of institutionalized Christianity. I agree that if this is the best the institutional church has to offer by way of a defense, it is in worse shape than many of us originally thought.

(for my less thorough review, see here)

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Eric said...

Thanks for the shout-out. I enjoyed your review as well.

I tried to be as fair as I could in the review, but quite frankly this book was an embarrassment.