Saturday, December 12, 2009

What does God want?

Just musing online....

Does God want anything? Based on what you hear all the time in American cultural Christianity, the answer is an unqualified "yes"! Listen to "Christian radio" for example. God wants this and God wants that. I have to question if God "wants" anything, at least in the way that we want stuff. I want a Ferrari. I desire a huge TV to play my X-Box on. I want my kids to grow up, marry other Christians, have big families, live near us and live to a ripe old age. God doesn't want in that way. What God desires, He does. If He desires a sinner be saved, that sinner is saved. If He desires a heart to be changed, He changes it. Can there be anything that God "wants" that He does not cause to come to pass, in His way and His time?

Is there anything God wants that does not come to pass?


Bookmark and Share

No comments: