Monday, March 16, 2009

What a pretty building!


That is what many people think when they drive past a mormon temple. If they knew what was going on inside, in the secret mormon ceremonies hidden from outsiders, they would see that far from a temple to God it is an idolatrous perversion. A recent episode of the HBO show "Big Love" depicts part of what goes on inside the mormon temple.

I am not endorsing this show on HBO or HBO in general, but you will not see a view of what goes on inside the mormon temple in many other media portrayals. Give this clip from "Big Love" a few minutes of your time.






In the spirit of equal time, I have embedded a video from the mormon church describing why they build temples (without mentioning what goes on inside) Watch what the mormon church says about why they have temples.



Now compare what goes on in a mormon temple and what the Bible says about the temple. Do you see any similarity at all?

My wife and family and I went through this ceremony in Washington D.C. Looking back, I am horrified by what happened and what an affront to God this was. I am thankful that our God is a merciful God and that He did not strike me down for this idolatry, but instead showed me mercy by exposing the lie for what it was and showing me His Son.

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people's bones and all uncleanness. (Mat 23:27)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh!! That first clip gives me the creeps. There is something so evil, I can feel it.
Paula