Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Good post on homeschooling

There is a great post from Gloria at In All Things Give Thanks on the trials and joys of homeschool, A day in our life....

I especially liked what Gloria said here:

I know that there are probably better teachers out there that my kids could learn from, but I am their mom and I feel God has called me to teach them. It's not always easy for me. I am not a natural born teacher. The Lord is growing me in the process of schooling my children.

Amen!

It is not just a matter of who is the best teacher, even though I often think that the parents are the best teachers. It is a matter of being called to teach our kids and to grow ourselves as we do. Give her post a read, I hope you find it as honest and encouraging as I did!

3 comments:

Paul Woods said...

Amen!

RightMichigan.com said...

Just be careful... won't be long before homeschoolers are added to that growing list of "domestic terrorists" with all of the other pro-lifers.

--Nick
www.RightMichigan.com

I am the Clay said...

Hi, arthur! I am blessed to know that my blog post encouraged you in some way.

There are so many myths about homeschooling -- you have to have $ to buy curricula, you have to be super good at teaching, or you have to have enough space, or just a few kids, etc. etc.

God has called parents to teach and He does equip us.

God bless,
gloria