Sunday, February 08, 2009

Excellent Balance!

Grace in the Triad: Pastors leaving Churches

I came across a very good post by Dusman at the blog Grace in the Triad. I think he really hits on some of the proper balances that we should seek in the church. His jumping off point is an interesting Time magazine article that talks about rural churches closing down because of pastors moving on to bigger and better things. I think I am going to post something about the article in Time, but I encourage you to read the post at Grace in the Triad. Balance is key. Can pastors be seminary trained? Sure! Must pastors be seminary trained? Nope. Can we pay them? Sure. Must we? No! There is a lot of stridency on both ends of the spectrum, and I think the end result is that we obscure the reason for worshipping in the first place and instead place all of our focus on how and where we worship, not on who we worship. Check it out!

No comments: