Monday, January 12, 2009

The latest quandary for the President-Elect

It seem that Mr. Obama is in need of a church home, every since he and his family caved to pressure and disavowed their membership at Jeremiah Wright’s old congregation.

Life without a church community 'difficult': Obama

WASHINGTON (AFP) – President-elect Barack Obama, who last year quit his church over inflammatory remarks by its former pastor, said he finds life without a spiritual community "difficult," and said he and wife Michelle plan to step up their search for a place of worship.

Asked in an interview aired by ABC's "This Week" whether he missed being without a worship community over the past year, Obama was unequivocal.
"I do, and it's been a difficult time," he said.

"I've got a wonderful community of people who are praying for me every day, and they call me up," he said, "but it's not the same" as attending Sunday church services, he said.

Obama said that he had "not yet" decided upon a church in Washington, but that he and the first-lady-to-be were preparing to start their search in earnest.

"One of the things that Michelle and I will be doing is probably visiting some churches and seeing what's comfortable," he said.


I have a suggestion for the President-elect, a church right in the district that would be perfect for him….

Capitol Hill Baptist

I suspect the Anointed One wouldn’t hear the same kind of preaching he got from Reverend Jeremiah Wright, but I can guarantee that he would hear the Gospel preached. I don’t think Mark Dever needs to worry about the Secret Service checking out the church…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People complain about politics in church...

Imagine the "politics" that will go into his decision.