Saturday, January 17, 2009

Housing update

Well we ended up not getting into the house I mentioned earlier. We were pretty irate about it because I think the person looking to rent it decided that they would prefer not to have a family of ten in that house. That is not at all legal but the end result is that we were left scrambling to find a new place to live. The house seemed perfect for us and yet here we are starting all over.

But we did end up in an even better situation.

I never go to craigslist at work, but Friday I just did for some reason. First listing, posted out there for maybe 15 minutes, was a five bedroom, 2.5 bath place less than a mile from work. The price was just reduced, ready to move in. I visited it an hour later and we went up today and signed the papers. So in the very near future, my daily roundtrip commute will be 148 miles shorter. I will be able to eat lunch at home every day, and be home from work at around 4:32 most afternoons. This house has a segregated family room that we are going to use for homeschool. If we elect to attend a local church there are a number of them nearby that are more or less Reformed (a non-denominational credobaptist church, a solidly reformed baby sprinkling church and even a nearby Plymouth Brethren church). As the kids get older there is a bus stop right by the house that runs throughout the campus of Michigan State University.

This is why we never second guess God!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Arthur and Eva,
I marvel at the Lord's hand in your lives! I will pray as you go to Okemos, you will continue to grow "in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."
My heart especially resounded with your writing regarding reformed rock stars..
Sola Scriptura has wontonly been abandoned by comfortable piety.
Stay humble before God Arthur--I pray you will be known as one who "holds forth the Word of Life.." as Paul spoke of in Philippians.
I pray you will be a husband who loves his wife as Christ loved the church and I pray you will also be a father who is the spiritual leader for his children(and your wife)
Thanks for sending forth the email!

He is faithful,
Bonnie Z.

Arthur Sido said...

Thank you as well Bonnie, now that we know that you have a blog we will be keeping an eye on you!

Bethany W. said...

Arthur,
I am just getting caught up on some of your older posts... When I got sick I missed a lot!

I am so happy to hear about goods provisions for your new home! But, I bet you will miss those 148 miles of ipod sermons!

Bethany

Arthur Sido said...

I do need to find a way to still get some of that iPodian teaching in. I might walk in the morning for excercise and listen to my stuff then. I just can't make myself get up at 5:00 to excercise, but since I won't have to leave until 7:28 to make it to work at 7:30, I will have more free time in the AM to spend with Al Mohler, John Piper and Paul Washer!