Thursday, February 10, 2011

Weird blog stats

I didn't notice until recently that Blogger had added a "Stats" tab on the dashboard. From here you can see all sorts of stuff. Like for example, I found that I get the most traffic from google searches of my name which is kind of creepy. After google I get a lot of traffic from Eric Carpenter, Dave Black, Paula Runyan, Bethany and Alan Knox. Thanks for the linkage! Where it got weird was in some of the top searches other than my name that led people to my blog. Number eight was the search term "guillaume morand". I am not even sure what or who that is or why people are searching it or why it goes to my blog. I also get a few hits from searches on "victor hafichuk", a looney toon cultist from Canada that I tangled with in an enormous waste of time a few years ago. My number two search is "frank viola heresy", which is funny because I don't think Frank is a heretic at all and quite the contrary enjoy his books and link to his blog! Number five is "pastoral burnout" and I hope I get more hits on that one to address the reasons I think pastors burnout at such a high rate.

I was surprised by the number of hits I got from overseas. Some make sense, like Christopher Dryden in England and Aussie John in Australia. Not sure why I am getting hits from South Korea, the Cayman Islands and the Netherlands though. My top posts for hits are the What I Believe post and in second and third place This Should Go Without Saying and Gospel Grocery Stores. The stats only go back to May of 2010 so it is not a complete list.

Anyway, found that interesting enough to share.

No comments: