Monday, February 21, 2011

19 and counting

He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD. (Proverbs 18:22)

Nineteen years ago my best friend agreed to be my wife and the mother of my children. We were both very young and we have defied the wisdom of the world by getting married so young and by having so many children, starting so soon after we married. Over the years we have grown up together and grown closer together. I thought I knew what love was when we were wed but over the years as trials have tested and tried us, I understand how little I knew them and how much more I have to understand even today what it means to love my wife as Christ loves the church. Today she is my wife, my helpmeet, my confidant, the mother and teacher of my children and still my best friend. Other than the cross there is no place that God has dealt more graciously with me than in the wife He intended for me.

Happy Anniversary Eva!

2 comments:

Laura J said...

very sweet

The best thing you can do for your children is to have a strong marriage.

Bean said...

Congratulations!



(I thought by the post name that perhaps the Duggars were expecting again :)