Friday, February 11, 2011

More on preaching

There is a new post over at the Gospel Coalition blog dealing with sermons and the notion that performing certain functions in a formal gathering of the church is a "means of grace". The conversation in the comment fields promises to be interesting so I encourage you to stop over and give it a look: Especially Preaching: The Ordinary Means of Grace and Christian Spirituality

(Especially since I am about to enter the internet dark zone known as weekends, I need some of my brothers to step into the gap!)

2 comments:

Joel Zehring said...

I don't follow the blogs at The Gospel Coalition because the whole thing seems leader- and preaching-heavy. I only jump in when I catch an interesting link on Twitter or a blog post.

What keeps you going back to the TGC blogs? Are you hoping to sway some heavy hitters toward more organic styles of church life and function?

Arthur Sido said...

Joel,

I doubt I will have much impact on the entrenched powers that be at TGC but lots of other people read the blogs and comments. I am just hoping to encourage people to look past our traditions and study for themselves. Not sure if that actually happens, but that is the theory!