Sunday, February 27, 2011

A for persistence, F for stweardship

I got our mail last night and found the newsletter from a Baptist church we used to be members of. Now when I say "used to be" I mean this newsletter has followed us from Kentucky to Northern Michigan to the Detroit area to the Lansing area to Indiana. We haven't set foot in the building since early 2005 when we moved out of the area. Plus I sent them multiple notices that asking them to take us off their roles or transfer our "membership". I even asked them to do move or cancel my membership when I was a pastor at a different Southern Baptist church. The newsletter still follows me. I wonder how many people still show as "members" there who have moved, changed churches or died but still get the newsletter. I will email them again, I appreciate them sending the letter but it sure seems like a waste of paper and money!

2 comments:

Jeremy Myers said...

This made me laugh and cry a bit. Thanks!

Eric said...

"Stweardship"? - that is a stweird spelling but I like it.