Monday, January 24, 2011

I think we might have a solution!

Our neighbor recommended looking at Virgin Air for a wi-fi hotspot. It looks like we are in their coverage area (it is actually the Sprint network) so for $40 a month I can get a wi-fi hotspot with unlimited data and connect up to five devices. I am sure that hooking five devices up at the same time is not a good idea but it might be a solution for us and the cost is acceptable. Watching streaming video may be out of the question but I should think for things like casual web-browsing, email, Facebook, blogging, etc it should work fine. Feeling pretty hopeful on this.

1 comment:

James said...

Actually. Virgin mobile wifi is pretty decent. You should at least be able to hook up 3 units with minor problems.

Major dilemma though, your KB usage. That's going to cause you the most headaches. After so many MB's, they start to charge you per MB I think.