Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Exciting News!

While I am holding some of the details off for now, I am excited to announce that I am going to take the next step in the publishing world and have a proposed solo book title approved for publication. I still have to write it of course and that is where the real work begins! I got a taste for the more disciplined, more mentally strenuous work of writing for publication with Simple Church: Unity Within Diversity and it kind of stuck with me. Writing for my blog is very free flowing, in the moment. Whatever I happen to be thinking about, I write about. This is a very different matter. Selecting a topic ahead of time and then building toward a more comprehensive treatment of that topic is definitely a different discipline and writing for an audience that understandably expects more thought and preparation from a book versus a blog post. So I am probably equal parts excited and nervous!

Anyway, more details to come soon. The topic won't be much of a surprise to anyone who reads this blog but I hope the way I approach it is more helpful than polemic. Stay tuned!

No comments: