Monday, May 11, 2015

The Loneliest Road In Evangelicalism

Eric Carpenter is walking the same often lonely road that I am on as he writes in his post I've Reached Non-Violence, But Not Non-Resistance. A lot of people think that they are taking unpopular stances in the church but try being someone who holds to "conservative" positions but also believes in non-resistance or non-violence. As I have written before almost nothing gets you universally kicked in the face quite like being an active peacemaker in the church, at least in America. That is not meant to be "woe is me" whiny, just a simple fact. Read Eric's post and think about what he is saying and what it implies for the church. He is on a lonely road but he is in some pretty good company throughout the ages of the church as I have found as well.

No comments: