Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Getting’ my curve on

I like tech stuff. I like gadgets. If I didn’t have a family, I could happily spend all day in front of a computer with two monitors, playing a game on one monitor and blogging on the other while listening to John Piper or Voddie Baucham. Of course I would be 450 pounds, paler than I am currently and even more of a social recluse so that is proof indeed that “It is not good that the man should be alone” (Genesis 2:18 ESV)!

So what better thing to get than a Blackberry, so I am never far from my email and the web? Better yet, my new Blackberry Curve 8330 was supplied by my employer so it didn’t cost me anything. It is amazing how small it is and what you can do. I can see updates to my work calendar, my work email, browse the web all in a package that is 4.5 x 2.3 x 0.8 inches and weighs only 5.3 ounces! It is not the touch screen Blackberry Storm but it is very compact regardless. How far away can the technology be to jam an electronic device in your skull so you can read email in your mind?

I really am trying to simplify our lives. Really.

2 comments:

Bethany W. said...

So, with this new toy (furnished by your employer) are you able to actually get any work done? Or, are you too busy checking e-mails and blogging all day?
;)
Bethany

Arthur Sido said...

I will plead the Fifth on that question...