Monday, December 01, 2008

Excellent sermon on headcovering

Very good sermon on headcovering from Brian Schwertly. He occasionally goes a bit out on a limb with some cultural potshots, but his refutation of the "hair is the headcovering" argument to refute 1 Cor 11 and his systematic dismantling of many of the arguments against headcovering are worth listening to.



As I listened to this sermon on my way in to work today, I continue to ask the question: Why is the issue framed "why is headcovering normative today" when the question should be "why did we stop having women cover their heads"? In other words, the default shouldn't be that the Biblical imperative must defend itself but that we must show through exegesis that it is no longer in effect. That is the question that should be asked but I think the answer is too disturbing to too many people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you will look great in a headcovering.

Unknown said...

Arthur, I referred to you and this subject on a post. Feel free to weigh in.

Les

http://reformationfaithtoday.com/2008/12/01/head-coverings-should-women-wear-them-in-church/

Arthur Sido said...

True, but then again I look great in anything.