Friday, August 12, 2011

Thoughts on unity

My friend Josh Gelatt posted a brief but powerful post on unity in the church: Ignoring Jesus - Conservative Christianity and the issue of Unity. Here a key passage:
When I refuse to relate to another believers as a brother/sister in Christ because of theological differences, I am actually standing in opposition to the work Christ commissioned me to do. Don't misunderstand, we are never to embrace false teachers who preach "another gospel". But if someone is truly a brother, despite whatever theological differences that may exist, we are commanded to treat them as such. Refusing to do so is standing in the way of others seeing Jesus.
Now that is a pretty serious issue. Disunity in the church damages our witness. So the question becomes, what do we do about it? Read Josh's post and leave your thoughts....

1 comment:

Swanny said...

I do not know. I just wrote a piece about politics from the pulpit, which I think separates the Bride of Christ.

I do not want to be separated from each other...