Friday, September 03, 2010

What does the unbelieving world see?

It is without question that one of the most powerful witnesses that Christians have is not sermons in a church on Sunday, it is the life of regular Christians living faithful lives in obedience to God. People should know we are His disciples by our love for one another (John 13:35).

What do you think? What does the unbelieving world see when it looks at the gathering of the church? Does it hate us for standing up for the Gospel or for our triumphalism? Do you think the world looks at Christians and marvels at how we love one another? Does it even see us loving one another?

1 comment:

Renee said...

Based on my most recent experiances. The unbelieving world is baffled by my lack of hate.

I was in a car accident this past Easter Sunday. (Been writing about it on my blog.) From this a whole lot of things have happened - including my husband wanting my son and myself to move out. When ever I recount parts of this car accident incident and my reactions too them - people are more or less amazed that I don't hate my husband or the guy who hit us. They are not sure what to make of me and are baffled by this.

So if you ask me - sometimes it's not the presence of love - but the lack of hate people notice.