Saturday, October 25, 2008

Weird

I was at Amazon, putting the ESV Study Bible in my cart, and they lost other books bought by people who purchased the ESV study bible. One of the books listed was The Shack. Now I wonder what is going on there, because if you take the trouble to get a highly complex study Bible and then also read The Shack, how do you reconcile that? Maybe it is a good Reformed theologian who is reading the shack for research or something. I hope.

UPDATE:

My ESVSB shippped today, very excited!

6 comments:

Michael R. Jones said...

I'm not a big fan of study Bibles but I got my ESV study Bible the Day it came out. I think I'm safe in saying that you're gonna love it!

Most study Bibles read like devotional books but this study Bible actually encourages you to study.

Let me know what you think.

The free access to the online version is worth the price alone.

Arthur Sido said...

I have a $25 gift card from Amazon that I got with my debit card rewards on the way, so I am waiting for that before I buy it. Trying to be frugal in this economic environment.

James said...

Ahhhh yes....the ever so convenient rewards! I will have 2 $25.00 gift cards coming soon, and then I will be getting my new ESV study Bible.

I wonder if it'll make me a better theologian?

Arthur Sido said...

"I wonder if it'll make me a better theologian?"

Well it certainly can't hurt!

Anonymous said...

What do you expect Arthur from people who would buy a perVersion instead of the KJB. (Not KJV, because it is not a version)

JK

A guy in my church bought it. I was impressed with the amount of content, maps etc just on the Intertestamental period. he is going to let me use his online version til I can afford to get one.

Arthur,

You missed a fantastic conference with Joel Beeke.

Arthur Sido said...

I am ordering mine tonight, everyone raves about the online content.

Sorry I missed the conference, but i think Beeke should be at the PCRT in Grand Rapids in March, you should definitely come down for that.