Friday, November 13, 2009

What is wrong with people?

There was some news last week about a former clinic director at Planned Parenthood who quit after watching a baby murdered on ultrasound. Now she is claiming that she is being rejected by her church:

Abby Johnson, the former Planned Parenthood clinic director whose about-face on abortion prompted her to resign her job, says she's gotten flack for her decision from an unexpected quarter: her own church.

Her Oct. 6 decision to leave Planned Parenthood in Bryan, Texas - after viewing an ultrasound-guided abortion of a 13-week-old fetus two weeks earlier - made headlines, especially when she ended up volunteering at the Coalition for Life center a few doors away. Her former employer filed a restraining order to silence Mrs. Johnson, but a judge threw out the case on Tuesday.

Now she is facing a different kind of music at her parish, St. Francis Episcopal in nearby College Station, the home of Texas A&M University.

Whereas clergy and parishioners welcomed her as a Planned Parenthood employee, now they are buttonholing her after Sunday services.

"Now that I have taken this stand, some of the people there are not accepting of that," she told The Washington Times. "People have told me they disagree with my choice. One of the things I've been told is that as Episcopalians, we embrace our differences and disagreements. While I agree with that, I am not sure I can go to a place where I don't feel I am welcome."


So let me get this straight. If you are employed at a place that makes money from murdering infants, we welcome you with open arms in the spirit of inclusion and diversity. If you decide that abortion is murdering infants, you find yourself not so welcome? I would be skeptical if this were not so sadly believable.


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Steve Martin said...

The Episcopalians (most of the clergy) are wacky Left.

It doesn't suprise me, either.