Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Here is another doozie. This one is from mormon supreme leader Gordon Hinckley. Hinckley just lost his wife and this was his comment...

"There is no association richer than the companionship of husband and wife, and nothing more portentous for good or evil than the unending consequences of marriage," he said.

I love and revere my wife as much as any man, but the richest and most precious association in my life is the relationship I have with Christ. My wife is my companion, my best friend and the mother of my precious children, but Christ is my Lord and my Savior. When you think you are going to become gods in the next life, no wonder you place the relationship with your celestial spouse over Christ. After all, who will Christ be to you when you are a god with your own world full of your creations?

No comments: