Monday, March 30, 2009

The Arsenal of Liberty

So I have started a new blog that deals specifically with political issues, The Arsenal of Liberty. I plan on it being a repository of my thoughts on politics, on liberty and freedom, on economics, on education, on culture, etc. The link is on the right (appropriately!) in the sidebar.

So why would I add a blog when I already have two, my general purpose blog and my mormonism specific blog? There are several reasons why I have wanted to add a separate blog to deal with issues of politics, culture and economics.

First and most importantly, political matters are not Gospel matters. That is not to say that there is not an overlap in areas like the sanctity of life and marriage, and I anticipate that I will post many thoughts in both places on issues like education, marriage and abortion. But I want to make crystal clear that being a Republican is NOT a sign of regeneration. Certainly the way I view the world is through the lens of God’s sovereign providence in all matters, but for the sake of clarity I want to remove some of the less important worldly concerns on things like politics and economics and keep focused here on Gospel issues. There is far too much overlap in this country as it is between the church and the political process.

I also assume that some people who come here are mostly interested in matters of faith and are really not at all interested in the political stuff. I know that a few people come here mostly for the political commentary and are less interested in the theology stuff.

This blog originally started off being mostly political under the banner “Rantin’ On The Right”. As the years progressed I gradually grew more interested in matters of theology and recently on issues of ecclesiology specifically and my writings reflect that. But we live in dangerous and unprecedented times when the size of government is exploding and our very foundations are at risk. As an American and a conservative I think it is important to speak out on these matters.

My intent is not to blog more but to house my thoughts separately, sort of like I did with the Fo-Mo Chronicles. I invite you to check it out when I get something posted over there of substance, hopefully later today.

No comments: