Tuesday, April 03, 2007

This must be that "socialization" that my poor homeschooled kids are missing...

NEW ORLEANS — Five fifth-grade students face criminal charges after authorities said four of them had sex in front of other students in an unsupervised classroom and kept a classmate posted as a lookout for teachers. The students were arrested Tuesday at the Spearsville school in rural north Louisiana, authorities said. Two 11-year-old girls, a 12-year-old boy and a 13-year old boy were charged with obscenity, a felony. An 11-year-old boy, the alleged guard, was charged with being an accessory.

"After 44 years of doing this work, nothing shocks me anymore," said Union Parish Sheriff Bob Buckley. "But this comes pretty close."

I am glad to know that this sort of behavior "comes pretty close" to shocking Sheriff Buckley. If that is what the public school advocates mean by socializing, I think I will just keep my kids at home. Are we to the point yet where anyone is still outraged by this?

No comments: