Saturday, April 21, 2007



Night one from Grand Rapids

Opened up with Ligon Duncan addressing the truthfulness of the Word. The atmosphere was great. There were a number of musical pieces by a brass group, and there are few things more rousing than several hundred committed people of God singing "A Mighty Fortress is Our God". Dr. Duncan focused his talk on John 17:17...


John 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

Two major points. The Bible is true and truth matters. Simple statements but needed in our day and age. I am not sure that the audience there last night needed to hear it as much as the church at large, but hopefully as we scatter to our respective church homes we can carry that message with us. Something else very encouraging was the number of young people there last night. The audience was predominantly my age or older, but there was a noticeable contingent of college age or so young adults. More later as time permits, I have a number of notes from last night I want to jot down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"a brass group"???

It was only the Westminster Brass, that has ministered at the PCRT's for over 30 years.

What a glorious time it was. I was there, too!

I've attended PCRT's since the early 1990's. This was one of the best.

Arthur Sido said...

Hey, what I know about music would fit in a thimble with room left over!

This was my first year there, but I am definitely planning on being back. Conferences like the PCRT and TRTC really help me to refocus on matters of doctrine, to sit in the pew and be under the teaching of other men.