Friday, September 10, 2004

Saint Teresa Heinz Kerry, she of the multilingual ketchup dynasty, has weighed in on her husband's proposed socialized medicine plan. Because she is SOOOOO smart and well-spoken, she had this brilliant rebuttal of critics of her husband's plan:

"Only an idiot wouldn't like this…Of course, there are idiots."

If you oppose this plan, you are an idiot. Brilliant! How can you argue with a deeply thought out, logical argument like that? Luckily, as a billionaire widow and wife of a U.S. Senator, Teresa has a keen understanding of the plight of the little man.

"I don't have to sell it — the people want it," The people? She forgot to add the word "little" in front of "people". Like she has any idea what "the people" want. As one of "the people" I am uniquely suited to benefit from a socialized medical plan. Even though I make a very nice salary, with six kids and a spouse that is not employed outside of the home, I have virtually no tax burden. I could take the kids to the doctor with no co-pay perhaps or at least a subsidized co-pay, so it makes great sense for me. But it is bad for the country, and despite the caricature of Republicans set forth by the media, that is to say all we care about is lining our own pockets, I oppose this because despite being good for my wallet it is bad policy for the nation.

This is so indicative of Teresa and her husband's mentality (and Al Gore, Hillary, Michael Moore, the Hollywood glitterati, etc.) Anyone who dares disagree with us is an idiot. There are plenty of people who don't agree with me, many of whom ARE idiots, but not all and disagreeing with me does not make them an idiot. It just makes them wrong. Imagine this line coming from Laura Bush "Anyone who doesn't support my husband's tax cuts is an idiot". Think she would get a free pass from the media? Not hardly.

Teresa then pontificated that those "idiots" who opposed her husband's plan would be voted out of office. Just like the last time socialized medicine was proposed, a bunch of people got voted out of office. Wait a second, it wasn't the opponents of socialized medicine, it was the supporters who "the people" voted out in droves last time. So, who is the REAL idiot here?

Teresa sez: "The common man doesn't look at me as some rich witch."

Wanna bet?

No comments: