Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Oh get over yourself!

TV Guide online is reporting that NYPD Blue creator Steven Bochco is threatening to pull the plug on the series if he isn't allowed to put nudity and swearing back into the show after the Janet Jackson crackdown.

Somehow, TV dramas have managed to exist and thrive for decades without seeing Dennis Franz's naked bootie. In fact, I could live my whole life without seeing that. Geehhh! This self-righteous garbage about censorship drives me bonkers. Oh you are sooooo creative, John Ashcroft is keeping you from being brilliant. Poor baby. The show is very good, but that is in SPITE of the nudity not because of it. The few times I have seen it when they threw some partial nudity in, it was obviously contrived and completely unneeded. We are smart people, we get what is going on.

I say take your show and go home if you want. That show peaked years ago, and seeing Dennis Franz beat up suspects was cool at first but has become a) disturbing because of the way he beats confessions out of people and b) laughable because a portly, old man like that is hardly going to be intimidating to a 22 year old 6' 5" suspect. Oooh, the fat, bald, old man is yelling at me, I am so scared I will immediately confess my crime before he hurts me. Come on.

No comments: