Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Up Next

I am sure no one much cares what I am reading but I am gunna tell ya anyway.

First on the list if Timothy George's Theology of  the Reformers. I have wanted to read this one for a while but when it was on sale for a couple of bucks for Kindle I jumped on it. I really appreciate that George includes Menno Simons as many Reformation history books from a Reformed perspective don't give equal time to the Anabaptists.

I am also working through a book on the Amish, called unimaginatively The Amish. Written by Donald Kraybill it is a major research work that is accessible to a broad audience. I know a lot about the Amish living and working among them but even many Amish don't know much about their own culture and faith, how they got where they are and why they do the things they do. Kraybill is probably the English person who knows the Amish the best and it is a pretty fascinating read.

Another book I am reading is by Dr. Ron Paul, Swords Into Plowshares. Dr. Paul served in the military and he is one of the most outspoken critics of American interventionism, which has been pretty much disastrous wherever it occurred.

Two other books in the queue are a survey book called Zwingli: An Introduction To His Thought and Gospel versus Gospel by Theron Schlabach.

Some excerpts and/or reviews forthcoming.

No comments: