Tuesday, January 04, 2011

(Very) Brief Update

We are slowly getting our stuff settled into our home. Lots of things are still MIA, including a lot of kitchen stuff, but we are surviving just fine. The dining area is a bit cramped for our big table but we are getting that figured out too.

Ten days to go until I leave for Haiti! Having my family in place and our stuff moved out of the old house is making it easier to get excited about this trip. It was hard to focus on Haiti with things in so much flux and turmoil with us but knowing that my family is more or less settled in allows me to start getting mentally and prayerfully prepared to minister to the least of these in Haiti.

I am hoping that after I get back from Haiti we will be able to get the pasture ready to move some horses in, my father in law raises Percheron draft horses and has been trying to sell them, so we will happily care for some and put them on display for any possible buyers among our Amish neighbors who need work horses. Plus it is getting about time to put our chicken order in to be delivered in a few months.

In sports news, both of my favorite football teams (the Michigan Wolverines and the Cleveand Browns) have or are about to fire their head coaches and both are going to be thrown into turmoil. Again. After the fiasco that led to the hiring of Rich Rodroguez at Michigan, I am dreading the prospect of a new coach search. I hope that the new athletic director at Michigan has a better plan in place than his predecessor. Losing and not just losing but being completely uncompetitive is simply not OK at Michigan. It is going to be a painful few years no matter what but the only way that is going to get any better is to get a coach in who understands football, understands Big Ten football and understands Michigan football. We will see what happens.

6 comments:

Eric said...

You might want to try SEC football. =)

Arthur Sido said...

Eric,

Since most fans of SEC football are unable to spell SEC, I will pass.

Eric said...

Arthur,

Ouch. So, are you rooting for the Buckeyes tonight?

Arthur Sido said...

That is a tough one. I HATE Ohio State (not the people, the concept) and the only time I ever really rooted for them was when they played the Miami Hurricanes for the national title because Miami is all that is wrong with sports in one neat package. Plus Arkansas' QB Mallett is a former Michigan player who left when RichRod showed up. So I will probably be pulling for Ohio State so that the Big Ten wins at least one bowl game against an SEC team.

Les said...

Hey, I'm and SBC fan and I can spell it.

Bethany W. said...

I just stopped by for a second... scrolling through all the theology and politics to look for a personal update about your family (what can you say, I'm a girl!).
Glad to hear you are going to Haiti. And, it sounds like things are going well for y'all. Thanks for the update!
Bethany