Saturday, December 04, 2010

Best of the week

Um, I am not sure! I haven't read much of anything this last week. I read Dr. Black's notes very quickly last night but I haven't so much as glanced at most of my bloggy haunts. The last week has been a whirlwind of other concerns.

The house we had hoped to buy and move into by the end of this month turns out to have a bunch of severe deficits. Unless the seller is willing to fix a laundry list of defects (roof, electrical, plumbing, foundation) in the next few weeks, we are going to have to find a different place and that is likely to push our closing back further. The second choice house is vacant so that should help speed things up if my wife likes it (and she is there right now looking at it). It is not a perfect place either but the house is pretty up to date with lots of updates and it has a very nice kitchen and four acres and a bunch of outbuildings. The downside is that it is pretty far from work and is very close to a large hog confinement operation so in the summer we will have the faint aroma of pigs. That of course comes with the territory when you live in the country and this place is definitely out in the country. It is also very close to a large Amish community which would be handy. So we shall see if this place works out or we need to go with one of the other places my wife is looking at today.

No comments: