Friday, November 18, 2011

Farm Stuff

Another member of my family is getting into the blogging world. My wife started up a blog to share what is going on with our little farm. Her blog is called My Wages Farm and is a play on the account of Jacob and his animal husbandy:
As soon as Rachel had borne Joseph, Jacob said to Laban, “Send me away, that I may go to my own home and country. Give me my wives and my children for whom I have served you, that I may go, for you know the service that I have given you.” But Laban said to him, “If I have found favor in your sight, I have learned by divination that the LORD has blessed me because of you. Name your wages, and I will give it.” Jacob said to him, “You yourself know how I have served you, and how your livestock has fared with me. For you had little before I came, and it has increased abundantly, and the LORD has blessed you wherever I turned. But now when shall I provide for my own household also?” He said, “What shall I give you?” Jacob said, “You shall not give me anything. If you will do this for me, I will again pasture your flock and keep it: let me pass through all your flock today, removing from it every speckled and spotted sheep and every black lamb, and the spotted and speckled among the goats, and they shall be my wages. (Genesis 30:25-32)
We have a number of Jacob sheep, so called because of their spotty wool. They are a fairly rare breed, not like the more common specialized meat or wool breeds and are unusual in that often have four horns rather than the normal two. That is the genesis (pun intended) of the name of the blog. Since my wife is usually far busier than I am with keeping the home and teaching the kids, her writing output will not keep up with mine but it will probably be far more interesting. Look for lots of pics and updates as we tinker around with a semi-agrarian life, hopefully without additional major injuries!

No comments: