Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The most talked about story of the day

What a sad commentary that the story of the giant fiberglass idol, er statue, that supposedly depicts Jesus burned down after a lightning strike is all over the news today. I saw this monstrosity and shook my head every time I went by when we lived in Cincinnati. What an enormous waste of money and effort and you can be sure it will be rebuilt at great expense and with great fanfare. They should leave the charred arms of the idol as they are as a monument to the pride and foolishness of man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*sarcasm begins* Gee, Arthur, why don't you tell us how you really feel? *and ends*

Since I never hear the news I missed this story. I can always count on you to post some interesting tidbits.

Bethany http://coveredbyhishand.wordpress.com