Monday, October 06, 2008

Take on the insurance companies!

I have spent the morning at the hospital while my wife's thyroid was removed, and it has been one Barack Obama commercial after another. The last one has Obama pledging to "take on the insurance companies".

How exactly is that going to happen? By increasing regulation? That will do wonders for bringing down costs. Just nonsense, but people eat this stuff up like sheep eating up hay. Go get Obama! Give me some of their money Obama! Make it fair Obama! Baa! Baa!

Why exactly is it the role of the President to take on insurance companies? Last time I checked, health insurance is a private sector concern. There is not a constitutional right to health insurance (or health care for that matter) and it certainly is not a matter for the President to take on. Just more empty class warfare rhetoric from Obama. I can't wait for the surgery to get over, to get me away from the Obama commercials and now to get me away from The View. The cackling and clucking about nonsensical stuff is making me bleed from the ears. The one chick is talking about how good she feels about Biden, and Hasselback asked her if she felt the same way about McCain. The woman looked at her like she was from Mars. Biden is very experienced, true enough. But what Obama and his lack of experience? Fortunately, the whole conversation was saved by yet another inane comment from that astute political observer, Whoopi Goldberg. No wonder Americans are so stupid when they watch this crap all day.

I wonder when Obama is going to go on TV and promise to "take on" the tort lawyers who file frivolous lawsuits that raise health care costs for all of us and benefit no one but them? I won't hold my breath.

2 comments:

Joe VonDoloski said...

Have you thought about running for public office A.S?

First, mayor of D-Town and then the oval office.

Run as an independent of the Common Sense party.

Arthur Sido said...

I can't be mayor of Detroit because a) I have never had a stripper killed b) I don't have a posse and c) my family isn't big enough to fill all the nepotistic jobs in Detroit.