Saturday, March 30, 2013

Making Progress

A few weeks ago I posted that we had added a new floor in our barn and sort of had the outline of the stalls. This is what it looked like....



Well after a substantial amount of money in lumber and various nuts, bolts and washers and with a great deal of help from an Amish friend we put together the first three stalls today. What a difference!



Once we got going they came together pretty quickly and we are pretty pleased. We already moved our stallion into one pen (you can sort of see him above) and while he was a little jumpy at first he has settled in. The plan is to build one more in this area of the barn and then a couple more in the other half for smaller horses and/or our cow.

I spent most of the day outside doing this assisted by my oldest son which made for some nice father-son time and gave us something we can point to having accomplished together. All in all a pretty good day although I am pretty sure I am going to be in a great deal of pain in the morning!

1 comment:

Bethany in mid-MO said...

Great work to the Sido weekend warriors!