Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kind of random but...

I bought my wife a new headcover and she is pretty pleased with it, so I thought I would pass on the vendor. It came from Garlands of Grace and they have some pretty nice headcovers for sale. I got her a longer one made from a lightweight chambray that is more of an "everyday" covering. It is made very well and fits very nicely. So if you are in the market, you should check out Garlands of Grace!

(if you are curious, this is the headcovering I bought her from their Etsy store)

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't purchased any of their stuff yet, but they are in my favorites on etsy. I really like their coverings.

Just curious--is this the style of headcovering Eva typically wears? Wasn't sure if you felt like all of the hair needed to be covered, or just the head. The kind I have are similar to this, only shorter. Have you ordered from them before? I had ordered one from another etsy seller that just kept slipping around on my head. Don't know if Eva has had this problem.

Arthur Sido said...

I wouldn't say she has a "typical" style. She often wears more of a long veil/scarf when we gather with the church that she covers with. The one I just got is more typical of what she wears during the day but she also wraps her head in long scarves sometimes. It is kind of random actually! The one I got her has some sort of material in the front that seems to keep it from slipping around as much, so I anticipate she will wear this during the week more than she will when we gather with the church.

Mr. VonDoloski said...

Shouldn't headcovering only be necessary if your wife is praying publically or prophesying?

Arthur Sido said...

Joe, that is a common question. Most other women we know only cover when gathered with the church. I don't see anything in the context of 1 Cor 11 that would indicate that covering is restricted to "public" prayer. The general principle is that anytime a woman prays or prophesys she should cover her head, not just when the church is gathered. So my wife covers most of the time so that if she decides to pray she is already covered and doesn't have to look for one.