Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New subheading

I changed the subheading of my blog title to: The musings, ramblings and rants of a theological malcontent. I want to thank Frank Turk of Pyromaniacs fame for giving me that label. I find that it suits me. As I have matured, this blog has changed. Formerly there were a lot of posts about conservative politics, Reformed theology and railing against dissident Christians. It has changed quite a bit over the last year. My posts now focus on the church and on Christian life.

The church is way too comfortable, inert, mechanical. The last thing the church needs is more apathy, more going along with tradition. I hope that I am able to shake the branches, tip sacred cows and stir the pot. All in a way that brings glory to God.



Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Aussie John said...

Arthur,

Shake, tip, and stir well, but watch out for what falls off the branches, from the sacred cows, and splashes out of the pot! The results can be quite hurtful,smelly and hot, but hang in!

Steve Martin said...

Tradition is fine as long as it's purpose is to keep us in Christ.

Tradition for tradition's sake is just playing church.

We have lots of tradition in the church where I worship.

It's all Christ centered, and it keeps us from flaoting hither and yon at the whims or 'feelings' of the pastor, or those in the pews.

I have been to many churches devoid of tradition, that just follow their own appetites and end upooking just like the culture.

The church ought be counter-cultural.

The last thing that Joe and mary in the pews need...is to have themselves handed back to them when they go to worship.