Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Update on Reformation Society

I didn’t get a ton of emails back on my invite to form a Reformation Society in Mid-Michigan. I think part of the problem is that I emailed everyone at once with a blind CC and emails with 40+ names BCC’d often get caught in spam filters. I did hear back from some brothers who are very interested, a couple of ministers and a few lay people. I think that for this to really take off, we will necessarily start small with a few men and through word of mouth and connections in the area, gradually add to the group. It is kind of hard to spearhead something like this in an area where I am a recent transplant, so I am going to depend on some of the longer tenured residents to help spread the word. I am still encouraged by the response I got and hopeful that this can be the start of a great organization for edification, encouragement, fellowship and friendship. Certainly the Body of Christ can use all of that we can get!

No comments: