Sunday, April 19, 2009

Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them

September 1938
Munich, Germany

Nevil Chamberlain making nice with fascist Benito Mussolini at the Munich Conference where the "annexation" of the Sudetenland was agreed to by the world powers to placate Hitler. Six months later, Hitler invaded the rest of Czechoslovakia.



April 2009
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago


President Barack Obama "strengthens" America by kowtowing to dictator Hugo Chavez.

70 years and naive leaders are still in vogue

1 comment:

I am the Clay said...

I watched the news on Obama's response to Chavez. Disgusted, I can not believe this. Chavez has all but destroyed Venezuela. We have friends from Venezuela, and it is so sad what is happening there. I was disgusted that he went to this summit and shook hands with men who are basically destroying Latin America. I know I have strong feelings as my parents are Cuban refugees and saw first hand how awful Communism is.

Why can't americans see thru this man?

Gloria