Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The hypocrisy of Mormonism

The Reformed Baptist Thinker has run a few blog postings on a new video on Mormonism put out by a group under the blanket name Good News For LDS.

I went to an article he referenced from the mormon church owned newspaper The Deseret News and came across this quote (along with a ton of quotes of the Christian producers using "scare quotes")
Despite the images on the DVD's cover, when Parker's son, Brian, saw his parents' video, he knew it had to be made by someone else. "In my opinion, the (LDS Church) ought to go after whoever's (making the video)," Brian Parker said. "I don't go bother their religion. Why can't they just leave me alone? I don't know why they have to try and bash people, but I guess they're just going to do what they're going to do."

The irony of this is that mormons take a ton of pride in their huge missionary force, tens of thousands strong, out telling Christians that their churches are labeled an abomination by God and that their church is the one, true church. I guess when they knock on doors and pass out videos it is "spreading the Gospel" but when Christians return the favor it is "bashing" mormonism.

No comments: