Monday, March 29, 2004

Pretty decent sports weekend. Always nice when the Red Wings kick around the Avalanche in back to back games. Seriously, the wheels are off the Avs bus. Much as I hated (in a sports way of course) Patrick Roy, he clearly was the leader of that team and when they couldn't fall back on him they were lost. Now that he is retired, the Avs just aren't a very good team, even with Forsberg. I hope he goes back to Sweden, even as bad as the Avs are they still are a threat because he can take over a game.

Nice weekend of NCAA hoops. I am now a believer in UConn, that Okafor guy is a stud! The Duke-Xavier game was one of the best games I had seen in a while. Although I was pulling for home town Xavier to win, you have to appreciate Coach K keeping his team together. Who knows, a few more minutes and Xavier might have pulled it out. What a weird year in college basketball...

No comments: