Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pastor Appreciation Month!

October, in case you didn't know, is Pastor Appreciation Month. I am all for this! I think we should honor and appreciate all the pastors in the church. Some pastors are people we know as clergy but not all clergy are pastors. Many, many more are people who don't have a title or a reserved parking spot at church or speak from the pulpit on Sunday. They are just pastors who pastor, those who serve others in the church and those in need. Most of them don't get paid or recognized or thanked. They just serve others out of love. I think they should be recognized and appreciated for being pastors in the church so this October lets recognize and appreciate all of those who labor in the Gospel ministry, especially those who do so quietly and humbly and never get recognized for it. Those are the true pastors in the church and I for one appreciate them.

1 comment:

Will Rochow said...

"especially those who do so quietly and humbly and never get recognized for it. Those are the true pastors in the church and I for one appreciate them."

YES, YES, YES... These are the ones I recognize too. As for the other (clergy) types, I think they've already received more than enough recognition. But that's just my opinion.