Thursday, March 10, 2011

How to start a house church

The M Blog: How to start a house church

Guy at The M Blog has an interesting post on starting house churches. I like the simplicity of it. Keep in mind that he is starting churches in Ecuador but the basics make sense in any context I believe. I am meeting on Saturday with a group of 15-20 people from around the area who are interested in home fellowships, I am thinking that I might print off this post and take it along as a discussion piece.

His basic premise revolves around gathering people and making disciples. As he says "It is much easier to gather people and win them to Christ than to win people and then try to gather them."

I think this makes a lot of sense. It certainly is not how it is typically done in America where we invite people to church. Inviting people to our home is a lot less threatening and a lot more comfortable. You can talk, ask questions, share meals, get to really know one another. Check out the whole post and let me know what you think!

No comments: