Monday, April 19, 2010

Doing church in a different way

A very interesting announcement from Francis Chan, pastor of the very large Cornerstone Church in Simi Valley, California. He is leaving as pastor of this church and doing something...different. Here is the announcement:

Francis Chan is stepping out in faith... from Catalyst on Vimeo.



I found what he said at around the 2 minute mark very interesting:

...God wants me doing church in a different way not necessarily the formal Sunday services.

What a concept, ministering in a non-traditional way, being the church outside of a formal Sunday service. I wonder how many other pastors feel this same way but don't know what to do about it. I don't know much about Francis other than he is a pastor and a graduate of The Master's Seminary, but I am excited to see what is going to happen and how God is going to use this opportunity.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: