Sunday, August 03, 2008



New Devotional

I am starting to read through a new book for my devotional reading, Sam Waldron's A Modern Exposition of 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith. It is a great read, Dr. Waldron is a huge proponent of the proper use of creeds and statements of faith in the church. Breaking down the basic doctrines of the Christian faith from a Reformed and Baptist perspective, Dr. Waldron's exposition really helps to flesh it out. I don't expect to find tons of new info, but I am hoping it will drive me to deeper thinking about doctrines. I can get laazy about it, and assume I know all there is to know about certain issues, so I hope to be challenged by this book.

I am also reading a book about the War of 1812, 1812: The War that forged a Nation. The War of 1812 was kind of a silly war, fought poorly in many ways but it had a great impact on the formation of America and a lot of it took place in the same area I grew up in (i.e. the statue of Commodore Perry in Perrysburg, a neighboring town, commemorating his naval victory on fresh water).

No comments: